STEP Maths Presents our:
‘Cambridge STEP’ Preparation Courses 2017
The Sixth Term Examination Papers.
A paper of very challenging, in-depth and unstructured Maths problems, testing the application of A-level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, in undergraduate style.
You’ll have to change the way you approach Maths problems; STEP REALLY tests your understanding.
For Maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, UCL, Bath, Loughborough…and others!
Download our FREE STEP/MAT/AEA Guidebook, which answers questions such as:
- What is STEP Maths?
- Which university courses require STEP Maths?
- Why do universities ask for STEP Maths and AEA Maths papers
- How difficult are the STEP Maths papers?
- What is the the format of the STEP Maths papers?
- When should I start preparing for STEP Maths?
- What are the STEP Maths exam conditions?
- How are the STEP Maths papers marked?
- How are the STEP results used?
- What is the AEA paper?
- How are grades awarded in the AEA paper?
- What is the Oxford MAT Paper?
- Which universities ask for MAT exam?
- What format does the Oxford MAT exam take?
Currently Bookable STEP Courses
Wed 25th – Fri 27th October 2017
10am – 4:00pm
Pricing: £259 before 5th October. £359 thereafter.
Practise and analyse STEP questions in groups with solutions from our tutors.
This course is accessible to anyone who has studied C1 to C3 and is useful preparation for any STEP paper, other Maths admissions tests, and similar exams like the AEA.
Special focus on each area of the A-level syllabus
We proceed through the syllabus as year-13 students first cover it. In this course, the spotlight is on trigonometry and differentiation.
- Graph sketching, including sketching complicated composite functions
- Advanced trigonometric identities
- Differentiation, including the chain, product, and quotient rules
- Polynomials and their properties, including multivariable polynomials
Teaching approaches to otherwise daunting STEP questions
No matter how forbidding STEP papers may first look, there are common themes and broadly-useful techniques that can be taught and repeatedly applied to them. We want to help you develop key, fundamental skills useful for answering any STEP Question.
STEP questions reflect the expectations of university-level mathematics
Therefore, exposure to the concepts and examples we teach also amounts to useful preparation for admissions interviews and for first-year undergraduate mathematics.
Insights beyond those you would gain working through the questions alone
Our tutors provide support at every step and fully explain a solution to each question, or perhaps several solutions and their different merits.
You will learn how to know what a question expects of you, what the different available techniques are, and what common pitfalls to avoid.
Multibuy Discounts Available. See below.
Sat 25th November 2017
10am – 5:00pm
Pricing: £199 before 5th October. £259 thereafter.
- Get a 30 min Mock Interview resembling an Oxford Interview or Cambridge Interview
- Observe the interviews that other students get – allowing you to learn and benefit SO much more!
- Come away with access to Maths Interview Questions you most likely won’t have seen before
- Get used to being in a high pressure interview situation with all eyes on you
- Receive feedback so you can totally ace your real interview
Strictly Limited Spaces.
Please note, the Maths Interview Day is non-refundable.
We will begin the day with an interview skills session. This will include a chance to have your personal statement scrutinised and an opportunity to practice answering questions about it. You will gain confidence and practice with Oxbridge Maths Interview Questions and Answers, and you will be shown how to communicate your answers so that you are able to demonstrate your passion and potential in Mathematics or Computer Science.
You will then get a 30 min interview, under pressure. But instead of receiving just one practice interview, you will get the opportunity to sit in on and observe every other student being interviewed to and get 10x the benefit, as each student will receive completely different questions to you.
As Maths is one of the only subjects where your written work is arguably as important (if not more important) than your verbal answers, we have a unique setup whereby the interviewee will be able to write his or her solutions, and the other students will be able to see what is being written, without the interviewee feeling unnecessarily intimidated.
You can analyse how you would have answered particular questions and compare your method to how others answer. You can attempt the questions yourself too, and you will be given access to a whole host of new, interview questions, written by expert tutors from STEP Maths. As you’ll all have shared the same experience, you’ll be able to discuss questions together afterwards too.
Multibuy Discounts Available. See below.
Take advantage of our Multibuy Discounts
STEP October Bundle
(October STEP Course + Maths Interview Preparation)
£399 before October 5th
Online Courses and Memberships
Beta Testers Get 50% off our online membership areas!
As we are just launching our brand new online membership areas, we are offering a limited number of students 50% off our monthly or annual memberships. Apply before September 16th.
(Click on the free trial link below to get more information about pricing)
STEP Online Membership Area
Hundreds of full STEP questions, explained concisely in video format to help you understand the solutions, as well as WHY particular methods were chosen.
– Free 24-hour trial so you can check that the explanations, materials and questions resonate with you and feel helpful
– STEP I, II and III solutions from the last 5 years (the hardest STEP Papers)
– Become familiar with common techniques to help you simplify STEP problems
Topic Based Course Video Solutions
– You’ll get post-course access to online tutorials of STEP questions grouped by topic, mirroring our in-person courses (annual membership only)
Extra In-depth questions Arranged by Topic
– We have looked through hundreds of STEP Papers and picked the most relevant questions, so you can put into practise the techniques learnt in each course
Carefully crafted explanations
– All solutions planned to simplify the most complicated and intricate parts, so you REALLY understand each question
– Work at your own pace in 1x or 1.5x speed; skip questions you find easy and rewatch those that you’re finding harder to understand
Early Bird Discounts
-Get access for as long as you want, and start as early as you want – our early bird pricing rewards students who start preparing early, maximising their changes of success
STEP In-Person courses
This October, we will be holding a 3-day STEP Preparation Course, which will look at STEP Questions on topics that you will have covered up until this point in the year. It’s the third in a series of five STEP Courses that we run throughout the year.
Happy students! Testimonials:
Read what our students have said about our STEP preparation courses and resources
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and would recommend it to others sitting STEP. The structure was very good and the support was really helpful. It was intensive which allowed me to immerse myself in the Maths we are doing. I have taken away some really important skills and ideas from the course that i can put into my own STEP practise such as the clever tricks and things to look out for. Also, meeting and working with other Mathematicians doing STEP is a really great experience and the tutors encourage us to collaborate and speak to the people around us.Anusha A
The partner discussions and mini whiteboard sessions were fun and interesting as I engaged in other people’s methods for solving problems. The preparatory questions were cool too, I learnt many neat tricks from these and discovered how useful they could be, come the STEP Maths Exams.Tobias E
Just some of the schools our students have come from:
King Edward VI Grammar School
James Allen's Girls School
Haberdashers Aske's Girls' School
Godolphin and Latymer
Queen Elizabeth's School (QE Boys)
Mill Hill County High School
King Edward's School
The Holt School
St. Paul's Girls' School
St. Mary's Ascot
St. Helen's Northwood
St. Bartholomew's School
North London Collegiate School
Withington Girls' School
Tiffin Boys' School
In-Person Course in London
Our intensive Preparation Courses approach STEP questions in a structured and topical manner
*Special Discounts may be available for STEP Members
Full STEP Solutions to 5-years’ Papers
Video solutions which are clear, concise yet not lacking in necessary detail and reasoning
Learn commonly occurring tricks and general theory to help you tackle questions with confidence
STEP Mock Paper
Do last year’s paper in timed conditions and get it marked and graded with full feedback by a STEP expert